Today more than 36 million people around the globe delight in yoga, an ancient practice originating from India.
Yoga, as we know it today, has actually been “westernized” and is taught in a variety of settings from shop studios to public fitness centers. Classes are offered in a range of settings from rehab centers, jails, schools, corporations, and hospitals.
Thought about a “mind-body” practice, yoga has the capability when studied and applied to deepen our understanding in between our states of mind and bodies making it not just physical but emotionally therapeutic too if this area is preferred by the yoga trainee.
Yoga features its own philosophical “manual” titled “The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali,” a collection of 196 Indian Sutras (aphorisms) on the theory and practice of yoga. The Sutras were put together prior to 400 CE by Patanjali a Sage who arranged knowledge about yoga from older customs.
The stunning essence of yoga is this, a lighthearted physical practice of connection and community. A way for the trainee to go beneath the surface for both self-development, growth, and recovery.
Namaste. May the light in me honor the light in you.
Whether you are simply curious to know more about all-things yoga or a skilled yoga student, enjoy these fun facts to stimulate your curiosity and deal motivation.
Here Are 10 Enjoyable Facts on Yoga
- One in 3 Americans has actually tried yoga a minimum of once. Study results are taken from Yoga Alliance and Yoga Journal study.
2. Yoga is the most commonly utilized complementary health technique in the U.S
3. There are more than 100 styles of yoga. These include Vinyassa, Yin, Power, Hot, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Kundalini, and Kriya to name a few.
4.Yoga increases your body immune system and reduces depression.
A Norwegian study that looked at the health benefits of yoga in relationship to the body immune system showed that practicing yoga caused an increase in the blood circulation of the body’s immune cells. Another research study from the Journal of Complementary and Natural medicine shows that deliberate breathing in yoga together with motion can alleviate depression.
5. Yoga is over 5,000 years old and one of the oldest disciplines worldwide.
6. The word yoga originates from the Sanskrit language and means “union.”.
7.Yoga helps control Diabetes.
The Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences discovered throughout a 2015 research study that blood sugar levels visited 10% in those who practiced yoga for ten days in a row and attended talks on the correlation in between yoga and diabetes.
8. Yoga was presented to America in the 18th century.
9.Yoga classes used to be just for males. Ladies were not welcomed up until1937. Today the split is around 70% women 30% men.
10. Flexibility and tension relief are a few of the most popular reasons individuals start a yoga practice.
Yoga in the office can assist enhance performance.